St Vincent de Paul Society – Reuse/ WEEE Development Co-ordinator
St Vincent de Paul Society
Hours of work
25 hours of work per week - flexible Monday to Friday
17 Sep 2021
An exciting opportunity has arisen for Reuse Development Co-ordinator to join the West Yorkshire Depot Team at St Vincent de Paul Society. This is an interesting opportunity to work for a flexible employer committed to it’s staff. The ideal candidate will be responsible for the development of reuse and recycling income and cost saving opportunities, particularly in the West Yorkshire area and in conjunction with the West Yorkshire depot.
About the role
To be responsible for the development of reuse and recycling income and cost saving opportunities, particularly in the West Yorkshire area and in conjunction with the West Yorkshire depot. To actively promote and oversee the WEE contract with the West Yorkshire depots.
- To list and manage sales of donated, reconditioned items via eCommerce
- To represent the SVP within the Reuse Network and build good links and working relationships with other members
- To represent the SVP within the Furniture Reuse Network and build good links and working relationships with other members
- To seek and develop new opportunities for reuse, recycling, upcycling, and waste that will increase the net contribution to the Society and are in line with our social values and environmental responsibilities.
- To assist and support the Depot Manager with compliance to ARC (Approved Recycling Centre) requirements
- To provide timely and regular reporting on waste and recycling as required
- Oversee the WEEE project alongside the Depot Manager.
- Specific targeting WEEE collection points within the SVP
- Promote the WEEE project across WY.
- Ensure all reports are correctly sent off on time as agreed in the WEEE contract.
To be successful in this role, you’ll need
- GCSE in Maths and English grades A* – C or equivalent qualification
- Proven track record of envisioning, planning and starting new social enterprise or income generating projects
- Experience of working within the reuse, recycling and waste sector and managing projects within this sector
- Good level of IT skills
- Good knowledge of health and safety legislation
- Good knowledge of the reuse, recycling and waste sectors and the regulations within
This is a part-time, 12 month fixed term contract with a salary of £15,333 per annum.
If you are interested and would like to apply for this position, please apply in the first instance with your CV to HR@svp.org.uk or contact Laura Whittaker on 01274 513045
Please download the full Job Description, Person Specification and Job Advert below:Find out more about St Vincent de Paul Society here.