SOFA – Volunteer Van/Warehouse Assistant
Hours of work
Various Hours Available
Want to learn new skills, brush up on old ones and gain valuable work experience while helping others? Suppliers of Furniture and Appliances (SOFA) are looking for a Van/Warehouse Assistant volunteer to support with a range of duties.
About the opportunity
SOFA are looking for volunteers to assist with collections and deliveries of furniture around Leicestershire. Work in our warehouse includes rotating stock, order picking and helping customers and donors with their furniture. Volunteers need to be able to lift and move furniture items. Awareness of road safety and health and safety is desirable, although training will be given.
The project offers a supportive working atmosphere with a strong sense of community. Van/Warehouse Assistants will receive varied work experience and on-the-job training with the aim of assisting people back into paid work. The project also helps with this by providing support with job applications and CV writing. There are also potential opportunities to complete NVQs and other formal training.
- Assist with the delivery and collection of furniture
- Load vehicles with furniture ready for delivery
- Unload vehicles and place furniture in warehouse ready for viewing
- Check furniture at point of collection for suitability
- Assist and direct the driver to addresses listed on the worksheets
- Assist the driver in ensuring all furniture is secure and evenly distributed on the vehicle
- Assist other personnel with route planning, loading, unloading, warehouse, delivery and collections when required
- Assist with the maintenance and cleanliness of vehicles
- Ensure that all paperwork is completed correctly
- Collate customer orders and transfer furniture between warehouses using the trolleys provided
- Maintain a clean and safe working environment in warehouses
- Ensure all furniture is stored safely
- Participate in any training required by project especially Health and Safety
- Assist project with training new warehouse staff on warehouse procedures
- Carry out minor repairs to furniture and build any flat pack furniture for display
From Loughborough railway station head towards the town centre over the canal bridge along Nottingham Road. SOFA is located on the right, on the corner of Clarence Street.
From Loughborough town centre walk towards Derby Road. Turn right onto Derby Road and then turn left onto Nottingham Road. Follow Nottingham Road down until you reach Sofa on the left, on the corner of Clarence Street.
If you are interested in this role, please get in touch with SOFA via email on email@example.com or call 01509 262557Find out more here