SOFA – Volunteer Van Driver
Hours of work
Various Hours Available
Looking to volunteer at a project that offers a supportive working atmosphere with a strong sense of community? Volunteers at Suppliers of Furniture and Appliances (SOFA) receive varied work experience and on-the-job training with the aim of assisting people back into paid work. There are also potential opportunities to complete NVQs and other formal training.
About the opportunity
Volunteers are needed to drive a Luton van to collect and deliver furniture around Leicestershire. Drivers must be able to work as part of a team and lead a small group of volunteers. A good awareness of road safety and health and safety is desirable, although training will be given. Drivers must be willing and able to assist in the warehouse. A clean license is preferable although on review we will accept those with up to six points already on their license.
- Drive an Luton van/transit
- Collect and deliver furniture in areas as required
- Supervise the safe loading of the vehicle with furniture ready for delivery/collection
- Assist with loading, unloading, warehouse duties, deliveries and collections when required
- Carry out daily vehicle checks and report any repairs required on vehicle
- Check all furniture at collection point, to ensure suitability for use
- To participate in any training required by the project, especially Health and Safety
- Ensure routine maintenance and cleanliness of vehicles
- Ensure all paperwork is completed correctly
- Maintain vehicle logbook
- Assist warehouse staff in any other duties as required
From Loughborough railway station head towards the town centre over the canal bridge along Nottingham Road. SOFA is located on the right, on the corner of Clarence Street.
From Loughborough town centre walk towards Derby Road. Turn right onto Derby Road and then turn left onto Nottingham Road. Follow Nottingham Road down until you reach Sofa on the left, on the corner of Clarence Street.
If you are interested in this role, please get in touch with SOFA via email on email@example.com or call 01509 262557Find out more here