SOFA Project – Part- time Retail Assistant
Hours of work
Part time hour - flexibility for days required
SOFA Project are looking for a bright and friendly Retail Assistant to work in its Gloucester Road shop 3 days a week.
About the role
Supporting the Retail Supervisor, Retail & Operations Manager & CEO to provide an excellent retail service and experience to SOFA Project customers, helping to ensure that SOFA Project retail outlets operate as safely, effectively and efficiently as possible and that high standards of customer service are achieved and maintained.
- To provide an excellent service to our customers, assisting where possible in the selection of items suitable to their needs.
- To ensure that sales transactions are handled effectively and accurately.
- To process the customer orders on the company’s stock system, ensuring that a delivery date is agreed, and scheduled on our logistics system
- To ensure that the shop floor is always organised so that customers and staff can move freely and safely in all areas, maintaining a clean, attractive and safe display.
- To enter transaction data accurately on the company EPOS system & database
- To ensure client confidentiality is maintained at all times.
- To supervise work placements with exception to HMP Leyhill work placements
- To undertake training in Manual Handling, and to sign to acknowledge receipt of such training.
- To participate in risk assessments and to report any observed hazards and risks, and to comply with RIDDOR requirements when applicable.
- To wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) as required, including steel capped boots or shoes, to avoid injury to feet and toes.
- To carry out other duties and attend meetings and training as required commensurate with the post and capability of the job holder.
- To adhere to all policies, rules and core principles of the SOFA Project.
To be successful in this role, you’ll need
- Excellent customer service skills
- Strong IT skills including knowledge of Outlook, databases and stock systems.
- Demonstrable positive usage of social media including Instagram, Facebook & Twitter.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Of Health and safety procedures, especially relating to manual handling. The role involves occasionally moving and lifting heavy furniture, as well as being on your feet all day.
- Strong administration ability.
- Of working under pressure in a busy environment.
- Excellent literacy and numeracy skills
- Ability to work on own initiative, comfortable working alone and as part of a team.
- Ability to deal with a range of people and situations with tact and diplomacy.
- Strong alignment with SOFA Project’s core social objectives.
Desirable knowledge, skills experience and values
- Of working with the public.
- Physical fitness
- Telephone skills.
- Minimum of one year’s experience in a retail environment.
- Understanding of and commitment to equal opportunities.
- A keen interest in reuse and recycling.