IMPAKT – Maintenance Manager
£30,000 - £34,000
Hours of work
8:30 - 4:30
Reuse Network member, IMPAKT Housing and Support are actively seeking a new Maintenance Manager to join its growing team. Read on below for more details of the role:
About the role
To lead a small, friendly, proactive team, maintaining and improving our sites across Bedfordshire to ensure that our residents have a safe, comfortable & contemporary place to live that feels like home, and to help us in our mission to end homelessness. With excellent project management skills, you will plan & prioritise the team’s tasks, allocating roles appropriately to ensure the smooth, efficient running of projects, along with health & safety compliance, procuring cost-effective contractors where appropriate.
Van and tools are supplied during working hours. You will also receive 25 days’ holiday/ year with excellent pension and other benefits.
Working hours: 8:30-4:30 Monday to Friday. Also to be part of the out of hours on-call rota
- Aspirational – We believe everyone can be the best they can be and dream big dreams.
- Caring – We believe everyone should be cared for.
- Empowering – We believe we should support and encourage people to take ownership of their lives to enable them to achieve positive change.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead a multi-skilled team across numerous locations in Bedfordshire, allocating and prioritising tasks identified on the housing management (InForm) system as appropriate
- Support the team or work independently to complete tasks as appropriate
- In conjunction with the housing team, continue to ensure the swift turn-around of voids to maximise occupancy in the projects
- Conduct site inspections to identify areas that require attention to help with planning and prioritisation – both reactive and planned
- Prioritise areas that may lead to damage to property or people (water leaks/ electrical safety etc.)
- Ensure that premises and resources are run and maintained in an economical and efficient manner, securing cost effective contractors where required
- Oversee the cleaning contracts and project manage any external contractor works to ensure they are up to standard and within agreed budgets
- Devise and schedule proactive cyclical maintenance plans (room decoration/ furniture & fixture replacement etc.) for all sites and complete relevant paperwork
- In partnership with our Safety Officer, ensure that housing projects remain compliant with all relevant HSE standards with regard to fire, gas/ electrical safety etc.
- Complete relevant RAMS (Risk Assessment Method Statement) and ensure that the team are adhering to safe working practices
- Contribute to the budget process, identifying, costing and scheduling capital projects appropriately and monitoring expenditure
- Oversee maintenance purchasing (in conjunction with the Maintenance Administrator), obtaining quotes as required to ensure best value for money
- Ensure maintenance equipment is kept in good order (tools cleaned down etc.) and that the tool asset register is current
- Ensure that all new staff within your remit receive a thorough induction and conduct 1-1 meetings and annual appraisals with your team. Manage any concerns with support from HR
- Identify job-specific training needs and support the development of staff
Additional Duties and Responsibilities:
- Be part of a scheduled on-call rota and respond to out-of-hours emergency calls as and when required
- Be flexible to the changing needs of the organisation and its service users.
- Abide by the organisations staff working policies and procedures.
- Promote the aims, purposes, mission and services delivered by the organisation.
- In addition to the duties set out in this job description the post holder may at times be required to undertake additional or other duties to meet the needs of the organisation.
IMPAKT Housing & Support has project and office locations throughout Bedfordshire. You will be responsible for maintenance and repairs across all locations and the needs of any new buildings we may acquire.
Internal and External Relationships:
- To be part of the staff team, develop and maintain constructive relationships with all staff across the Association
- Act at all times as a positive role model demonstrating a caring and forgiving attitude and working with integrity
- Promote a tolerant and respectful attitude within the Association being welcoming and valuing of all
How to apply
To apply for this role, please email email@example.comFind out more about IMPAKT