Emmaus Merseyside – Volunteer Retail Assistant
Hours of work
at least 4 hours per week
Got an eye for detail and great people skills? Emmaus Merseyside is looking for positive individuals to volunteer within their charity stores. We need your time, talent and skills to help keep their stores stocked up and looking great.
- To assist in the day to day running of our charity stores
- To assist and serve customers, providing a service of the highest standard
- To assist in stock processing, including sorting, pricing and displaying of donated goods
- To assist in keeping the shop premises clean and tidy
- To promote public understanding of the work of Emmaus Merseyside and the importance of raising funds through the shop
- Ability to operate as a team member
- Flexible attitude to types of jobs required within the role
- Respect for the organisation’s policies
- A willingness to participate in relevant and appropriate training in order to carry out the duties required of the role
- A pleasant manner and the ability to deal with the public at a face-to-face level
We are looking for a volunteer that will commit to at least 4 hours per week. We can be flexible in terms of what day(s) these will be.
Training, support and benefits:
- As an Emmaus volunteer you will be given a full induction when you start.
- A staff member will support you throughout your time as a volunteer.
- We will offer you an opportunity to develop your skills and experience for a worthwhile cause.
- We will look to provide further training where possible.
- We will provide you with dinner and travel expenses on the days that you volunteer.