£25,000 - £30,000 per annum dependent on experience
Hours of work
26 Oct 2020
An exciting opportunity has arisen at the SVP for a Depot/Logistics/Warehouse Manager to join our fantastic operation overseeing and driving forward two depots based in Bradford and Leeds. This is a key position as you will be responsible for managing council grants, stock rotation for various shops and customer donation collections and deliveries. The ideal candidate will have strong management experience within a logistics / depot based role and the ability to implement processes to ensure maximum efficiency. If you have a passion for helping others and you are looking for a career move, this might just be the opportunity for you!
This is very busy and varied role where no two days are the same. The successful Depot Manager will be responsible for –
- Effective line management and supervision of depot staff and volunteers including recruitment, training and performance management
- Managing, and reviewing the depot operation for all services including shop collections/deliveries, stock rotation, waste, RAG, council grants, donation sorting, admin support and domestic appliance workshop (AATF)
- Working closely with local people, organisations, agencies, councils and SVP conferences to increase services offered and develop new sources of income
- Compliance to legislation and SVP policies & procedures including Health & Saftey, HR, Safeguarding etc.
Previous management experience in a similar environment and great people skills is a must for the successful Depot Manager along with the following –
- Excellent level of English and Maths and good IT skills including logistics systems
- Full UK driving license and car available for business transport
- Good geographical knowledge of West Yorkshire and surrounding areas
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and evidence of using them to communicate with different audiences
- Demonstrated organisational ability to enable multi-site management and able to work under own initiative
- Pro-active approach to income generation
- Empathy with the society’s Ethos and values
Experience of working with volunteers and networking is desirable but not essential.
In return we’ll provide you with the opportunity to work for a welcoming organisation that offers support and guidance to staff.
Working Hours = Full time – 37.5 hours / 5 days per week
Contract = Permanent
Salary = £25,000 – £30,000 per annum dependent on experience
Benefits Package = 33 days holiday (pro rata) per year inclusive of bank holidays increasing to 38 days with service, competitive pension scheme, birthday day off, long service awards, employee assistance programme, enhanced maternity pay and lots more.
Closing Date = 26th October 2020
Interviews = 3rd & 4th November 2020 in Bradford
If you feel you have the relevant skills and experience to fulfil this role successfully, please apply in the first instance with your CV to email@example.com. If you have any further questions, please contact me Charlotte Fry on 01274 513034.
Unfortunately, if you have not received a response within four weeks of your application, you have not been successful on this occasion.