Chief Executive Officer
Lighthouse Furniture Project, Hutton, Essex, CM13 1TE
£40k - £45k + 4% contributory pension
Hours of work
15 Jan 2018
Lighthouse Furniture Project is a successful, award-winning, charity, social enterprise and Ltd. company. Founded on Christian principles and established in 2004, we are self-sufficient and have helped over 20,000 families/individuals in distressed circumstances and continue to grow this number year on year.
Our mission is to ‘support people in need in Brentwood and the surrounding areas by providing good quality second-hand furniture, white goods and household items at affordable prices’ especially to those in housing crisis or who are struggling to help themselves.
We work with more than 70 agencies including Essex County Council, Social Services, Children’s centres, Women’s Aid and homeless hostels who support us in fulfilling our mission.
Purpose of the post:
You will be taking over from the current CEO, a founder of the Project, who is retiring in 2019.
You will continue to grow the project and expand it into new areas that could further help our clients.
To be the successful applicant, you will:
- Be an active Christian, due to the mission and ethos of the organisation
- Have the right skills and aptitude for developing strategy and nurturing partnerships
- Have proven senior management, team leadership and operational delivery experience
- Be an experienced leader, shown to be an engaging and inspiring communicator and networker
- Be willing and able to listen, learn, adapt and grow as a role-model and leader